I didn't get as far as I'd have liked with today's MonoTouch app - a pretty basic rendering of your 'score' on stackoverflow.com (via their 'flair' feature). Yep, definitely not a 'practical' application.
The main goals were to play with
WebClient, the 'filesystem' and then to get a multi-page/view app working with proper Settings (to configure the various stackoverflow variants). As you can see from the screenshots below I only got half-way there...
Here's the code: Main.cs, MainWindow.xib.designer.cs and root.plist. At least the
WebClient for text and images worked well, as did saving and loading from the local file system. You'll have to excuse the dodgy Html parsing ;)
Unfortunately I've wasted a bit of time trying to figure out the Settings and how to get the
plist setup correctly. I first created a folder in MonoDevelop called
Settings.bundle with the
root.plist inside. It has to be "partly" correct because the application now appears in the Settings menu - which it wasn't before - BUT when you select it the screen is empty of inputs :-(
I'm probably missing something really basic - the root.plist file is shown in the editor below:
Anyway, I'll do some more reading and try again tomorrow!
Obligatory Interface Builder screenshot...