Monday 2 November 2009

MonoTouch UINavigationController Placemat

In one of my other posts I included a 'placemat' diagram to help make sense of the code.

Someone commented that they found the presentation useful, so as a quick post today I decided to placemat the Roget's 1911 Thesaurus sample.

Rogets 1911 Placemat

Note that I'm not suggesting this is the neatest, tidiest, best-practice way to structure a MonoTouch application (I'm learning along with everyone else). This is purely to help you find your way around the example code.

For example... on thing I learned is that I didn't really need to pass an instance of the 'root' MainViewController around - each UIViewController has a NavigationController property referencing the UINavigationController that 'contains' it. Therefore any given UIViewController that has been added to a UINavigationController can call this.PushViewController (or else pass a reference to this into the UITableViewDelegate constructor to use in RowSelected.

1 comment:

  1. Just started playing around with Monotouch and wrangling the Cocoa fx. This couldn't have been more helpful. Great way to visualize the screens, the code and the class relationships. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.