Monospace is coming up fast, with a whole day's worth of MonoTouch sessions. With that in mind, it seems kinda obvious to make the Monospace schedule available as a MonoTouch app...
Here are some screenshots:
In short, it provides:
- Conference schedule (day/session/detail views)
- Speakers (list/detail)
- Access to the monospaceconf blog
- Access to @monospace_conf's stream on Twitter
- A map of the conference location
- Creating a
UITabBarControllerin code (no IB)
- Making icons for
- Creating an 'image watermark' with
- Using Linq for Xml to parse Atom feeds (like RSS)
- Implementing the latest SQLite wrapper from Frank
- Changing the default
UITableViewCelllayout in code (eg mutiple lines)
- Creating a custom
UPDATE 19-Oct: newer version available
UPDATE 21-Oct: even newer version available
and here's an annotated class diagram/placemat to help make sense of it all:
WARNING: there are plenty of shortcomings/hacks/missing features including: weird lines on the Speaker UITableView, no reloading of data from Blogger or Twitter without restarting, heaps of weird "pointer being freed was not allocated" errors accompanying the SQLite code (only visible in the Application Output window) and probably a pile of bugs I'm not aware of.
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!