C:\DevTools2\NCover-1.5\NCover.Console.exe "C:\DevTools2\nunit-2.4.b1\bin\nunit-console.exe" "C:\Projects2\APPNAME\UnitTests\APPNAMEUnitTests.nunit" //a "Common.APPNAME.DataAccess;Common.APPNAME.Common; Common.APPNAME.RulesEngine;Common.APPNAME.Client" //ea "Common.CodeCoverageExcludedAttribute" //w "C:\DevTools2\nunit-2.4.b1\bin" //l "C:\Projects2\APPNAME\Build\NCover\NCover.log.txt" //x "C:\Projects2\APPNAME\Build\NCover\NCover.xml"
Of course, because NCover was working OK on other .NET 1.1 projects, I immediately assumed it was a 'framework' issue and spent fruitless time trying to 'figure out' why NCover couldn't "connect" to my application.
I gave up, only to be embarrassed a day or two later when this
NCover Error Message thread: Profiled process terminated. Profiler connection not established gave me the simple solution: I needed to register one of the NCover components (presumably so it can hook in to the CLR instrumentation or whatever)
Doing an install of NCover from the .MSI would also have worked, but I've gotten so used to .NET applications being able to be 'xcopied' that I had just moved the NCover files from one PC to another and expected them to work.